[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
 Augustica.com • View topic - SPL Meter Project

SPL Meter Project

Post here about your VU and audio peak meter kit Dejavu®, get help - for Augustica® customers!

SPL Meter Project

Postby Focus » 01 Dec 2015, 10:39

I am looking at the DejaVU for a project that I have in mind to build.

Instead of using just the 16 LEDs per channel, what I am doing is using seperate PCBoards with 72 LEDs per board, and I will be using 16 of these boards. The boards are all powred by 12V and are running off of relay packs that are triggered by logic level voltage and require 15-20mA Driver Current per channel.

The way I will use the dejavu is as follows: I will run it in mono feeding the same output from a microphone preamp to both channel inputs on the dejavu. I will leave one set of LEDs soldered to the board for visual confirmation and use the other set of LED outputs to drive the relay pack inputs.

Here are my questions:
1. Will the DejaVU be able to output the necessary TTL High voltage with 15-20mA Driver Current per channel?
2. If so, what are the modifications I need to do? (I would assume changing of one or more resistors)
3. Is it possible to change the function in the PIC Programming for the switch that controls Bar Scale/Dot Scale and leave it always on Bar scale and instead use that switch just to do a pre-programmed patterned sequence? (Kind of like a Demo mode not reacting to sound)
Focus

Re: SPL Meter Project

Postby Augustica.com » 01 Dec 2015, 11:09

DejaVU is designed to operate as a 16 LED per channel VU meter. It is not suited for the project you are contemplating.
Augustica.com
Site Admin

Postby Focus » 01 Dec 2015, 11:14

OK, what about the question concerning the programming?
Focus

Postby Augustica.com » 01 Dec 2015, 11:17

DejaVU is programmed to operate as a 16 LED per channel VU meter and cannot be reprogrammed.
Augustica.com
Site Admin

Return to Dejavu®