[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/en/common.php:1)
 Augustica.com • View topic - 30V 120 watt power supply using Janus?

30V 120 watt power supply using Janus?

Post here about your two polarity variable voltage power supply kit Janus®, get help - for Augustica® customers!

30V 120 watt power supply using Janus?

Postby BibBigDog » 22 Aug 2015, 10:12

I am very impressed with the Trident power supply in my Frigate. It is dead silent.

I have another project I am working on, which is a kit for a Tripath amplifier, which comes with an external SMPS. I have been looking for a kit that I could build to replace it with a linear power supply but all the ones I can find are dual bus (I don't need the negative, just the positive), and they only provide around 3 amps max. I want to see if I can make the peak light stop flashing as often when it's turned up.

Is it possible to modify the Janus or another Augustica kit to do what I am looking for?
BibBigDog

Re: 30V 120 watt power supply using Janus?

Postby Augustica.com » 22 Aug 2015, 11:36

To obtain 120W you are looking for a power supply that can deliver 4A at 30 Volts on paper. In real life you need twice those numbers to provide for headroom and to make sure that the power supply delivers clean DC voltage. So, you are looking at a power supply with ability to deliver 8A at 60 Volts. While Janus can deliver 30 Volts, its current handling ability is limited by LM337 and LM317 that only can handle 1.5A each.
Augustica.com
Site Admin

Return to Janus®